We do our utmost to protect your vehicle, but it is worth preparing your motorcycle well to minimise the risk associated with transporting your vehicle.
Follow these steps when preparing your motorcycle for transportation.
What You’ll Need to Do
- Remove all personal, loose items and any dangerous goods from the bike. Empty all compartments.
- Wide mirrors should be folded back, lowered or removed.
- Ensure the bike has side saddles or panniers. Ensure they are clean, empty and ready for inspection.
- Ensure the bike is clean and free of any plant, animal, mud or seed matter. Quarantine laws require inspection of all compartments. Please make sure you have provided a key to any lockable areas. Inspection and cleaning are costly and cause delays. Your support is important.
- Keep your key with you.
You car transport company will generally take the following steps to ensure your vehicle as safe as possible.
- Before transporting your motor cycle, a customer representative will complete a Vehicle Transport Contract and Vehicle Condition Report with you. You will be required to sign these documents.
- Some towns and cities have restrictions for access by large vehicles, and/or have streets that cannot be accessed by larger trucks. If you’ve requested uplift from or delivery to such a location, your car transport services provider will make alternative mutually satisfactory arrangements with you for collection or delivery.
- If you or a person representing you (i.e. your “agent”) can’t be there at collection or delivery, let us know and we’ll make alternative arrangements.
By following these steps when preparing your motor cycle for transport, you can be confident that it will be looked after and protected during transport and minimise any delays to delivery.